- This event has passed.
Trail & Sail Race Tour
July 30 @ 8:00 am - August 2 @ 5:00 pm$950
Trail & Sail Race Tour
30. July – 2. August 2020
The ultimate 4 day stage race with 6 stages in tropical paradise
Outer Limits has teamed up with the crew from Prosail to deliver you the ultimate Trail Running and Sailing Race. The Trail and Sail Race Tour race is for the avid trail runner and explorer. You don’t need to be a sailor, but you might be one by the end of the trip.
Spend 4 days sailing aboard an ex-racing sail boat in the Whitsundays, stopping along the way and running the magnificent trails on the islands. The views and vistas along the way will let you forget about the burn in your legs as you climb to the top of the peaks. Just remember, steep climbs also make for fast descents.
The race format sees teams of 2 as the premier category. If you prefer to go solo, that’s fine by us. We are also offering a recreational category for both solo and teams of 2, for the runners who like to smell the roses along the way.
The race is self-timed, which means you will need a Garmin, Suunto or what ever your choice of smart watch is to record your own time. Everyones’ time for each stage will be recorded on the boat’s white board. Participants in a team of 2 do not need to run together, their individual times will be added up as their team time.
The overall Top 3 teams will be rewarded with some great prizes.
If we end up filling more than one boat, there will be sailing races between the yachts (weather permitting) and we will have an overall Boat Team score for bragging rights.
- Stage 1 (Thursday): Airlie Beach, Honeyeater Lookout- 10km
- Stage 2 (Thursday): South Molle Island- 12km
- Stage 3 (Friday): Whitsunday Peak- 5km (steep)
- Stage 4 (Friday): Whitsunday Cairn- 4km (steep)
- Stage 5 (Saturday morning): Whitehaven Beach & Chance Bay- 10km
- Stage 6 (Saturday afternoon): Hamilton Island- (distance TBC)
Eat, Sleep, Run, Repeat plus some more fun
When we are not running, we we will explore the islands, swim at secluded beaches, snorkel the fringing coral reefs and maybe even squeeze some time in to relax and recover. We will be sailing with the experienced and multi award winning crew of Prosail, who will take us to the start lines of our runs, cook fresh meals and even do our dishes. During our 4 day/3 night trip we will get hands on experience and learn how to set the sails and get a turn on the wheel.
Sailing aboard Broomstick, Condor and Hammer is an amazing way to see the Whitsundays. The ex-racing yachts were built to race around the world, as a true Maxi, they are big, comfortable and very fast. The accommodation on board is open plan share cabins with (mostly) single bunk beds.
This race tour is suited for adults (minimum age 16 years). This tour is intended as a trail run race, however you may bring non-runner moral support mate(s) with you as well. We won’t judge them. They still get to do all the fun things and spend 4 amazing days in the Whitsundays.
- 4 days/3 nights sailing on board of one of the yachts with an experienced sailing crew
- Freshly prepared meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner + morning and afternoon tea)
- Accommodation and fresh linen, towels
- Snorkeling equipment
- All National Park and Marine Park fees and taxes
- 6 stunning Trail Runs
- Event shirt and post run recovery supplements provided by Fit Empire Health & Wellness
- A ton of fun and unforgettable memories
NOT included: transport to and from Airlie Beach.
What to bring:
A detailed list will be emailed out after booking a spot. There will be basic mandatory equipment for the trail runs, including a mobile phone.
A trip itinerary will be emailed out closer to the date. See map below for trail run locations
Maps, Elevation Profiles and GPX Files:
- Stage 1 (Thursday): Airlie Beach, Honeyeater Lookout- 10km MAP LINK
- Stage 2 (Thursday): South Molle Island- 12km MAP LINK
- Stage 3 (Friday): Whitsunday Peak- 5km (steep- fast walking only) MAP LINK
- Stage 4 (Friday): Whitsunday Cairn- 4km (steep- fast walking only) MAP LINK
- Stage 5 (Saturday morning): Whitehaven Beach & Chance Bay- 10km MAP LINK
- Stage 6 (Saturday afternoon): Hamilton Island- 13km MAP LINK
Please use the online booking below to secure your spot in this amazing adventure. There are only very limited spots available. Bookings are open until 20th July or until sold out. Please read through our Cancellation and Refund Policy.
Please use the online registration form for the booking and then follow the payment instructions in the confirmation email.
Event Sponsors & Partners
August 23 @ 6:00 am - 11:00 am
September 4 @ 4:00 pm - September 6 @ 1:00 pm
September 20 @ 6:00 am - 11:00 am
September 21 @ 8:00 am - September 24 @ 4:00 pm
September 28 @ 8:00 am - October 2 @ 5:00 pm