- This event has passed.
Elliot’s Revenge Trail Run
August 23 @ 6:00 am - 11:00 am$12 – $54
Elliot’s Revenge trail run is the 2nd race in the Outer Limits Trail Running Series. Shadowed by Mount Elliot the Bowling Green Bay National Park has a great variety of trails, a challenging hill and some fast single trails following Alligator Creek.
Registration opens 1st January 2020 – We have a cap of 450 runners.
Rego closes Friday 21st August at 8pm or when sold out! Everyone who was registered for the original date is still registered for the new date. Any rego changes and credit transfers need to be made by Thursday 8pm the latest. No credit can be claimed after this time.
Athlete Guide: Please read the athlete guide in it’s entirety before attending the event. Download the guide here
When: Sunday, 23rd August 2020
Please arrive to your allocated arrival times. We are trying to reduce the number of people at Race HQ at any given time. You will be required to sign in and be allocated a race number. Pins will be provided or you can bring a race number belt. No registration on the day!
Please leave your cheer quad at home as we are very restricted with the number of people allowed at Race HQ at any given time. If you do bring someone with you or your driver is waiting for you to finish your run, they must see event officials to sign in upon arrival.
Distances & Entry fees:
- 6km – Regular $36 (20th July-15th August) | Late Entry $42 (16th August-21st August)
- 12km – Regular $42 (20th July-15th August) | Late Entry $48 (16th August-21st August)
- 21km – Regular $48 (20th July-15th August) | Late Entry $54 (16th August-21st August)
- Juniors (under 16) General Entry $12 (1st Jan-23rd Feb)| Late Entry $18 (16th August-21st August)
Categories: Male & Female
Juniors (under 16) | 16-29yrs | 30-39yrs | 40-49yrs | 50-59 yrs | 60+ yrs
Race course briefing will be held online on Friday 7pm. We will send a video link to all competitors to watch the briefing before Sunday morning.
- 21km – 7am (arrival time 6.15am)
- 12km – 7:45am (arrival time 7.10am)
- 6km – 8:15am (arrival time 7.50am)
Presentations will be online Sunday evening. Prizes will be arranged individually with the winners
Mandatory Gear: There is mandatory gear for the 12km and 21km run. There will be mandatory gear checks at the sign in
- 2x compression bandages
- a fully charged and waterproofed phone (there is limited service along the course) Please download the free EMERGENCY+ app on your phone prior to the event
- Space blanket
We have marshals on the course, a safety vehicle and first aid.
Water & Nutrition: It is recommended that you take at least 500ml of water per hour that you expect to be running. There are creek crossings with flowing water which you may wish to utilise. There is no provided water on the course. Ensure you take sufficient nutrition with you for the run
Getting there: Bowling Green Bay National Park, Alligator Creek Camp Ground. Approximately 30mins drive south on the Bruce Highway, then turn right towards Bowling Green Bay National Park. It is signposted on the highway.
Parking: Parking inside the campground will be tight so please park in an orderly fashion and ensure vehicles are off the road as sections of the road are part of the course. You may have to park outside the park and walk in.
Facilities: There are toilets located at the start/finish line. The course runs through the Bowling Green Bay National Park including some areas that are not open to the general public, please ensure you do not litter along the course and respect the National Park. The park will also be open for day users so please be mindful and courteous of other users.
Refreshments: There will be no fruit or lollies this time due to COVID regulations. The Feel Good Foodie will be on site selling their delicious food and drinks. Please bring cash.
The 3 courses will be clearly marked with pink tape, signage, arrows and caution tape. Each track junction will have a sign with directions on which way to go depending on which distance you are completing. There will also be course marshals at each significant turn. The course has several creek crossings and your feet will get wet, it is not overgrown and you will not need gaiters. The trails will be uneven including rocks and gravel in some sections.
6km Course: The Intro- Get a taste of what trail running is about. This course is suited for beginners with some experience or the ones who want to challenge themselves on a fast short course.
Starts at Race HQ and takes you out to your first creek crossing. From there the course takes you along a flat section before hitting THE hill. Once you are at the top, there is more! An out and back that packs a punch before enjoying some fast downhill. There is another creek crossing at Cockatoo Creek before heading for the finish line. Download a GPX file of the course here
12km Course: The Intermediate- The best way to get your trail running skills put to the test. Good running fitness required.
The 12km course has the same start as the 6km course, across the creek, along the flat and straight up the hill. Don’t forget the out and back once you think you have made it to the top. There is always more! Enjoy the downhill while it lasts before following the undulating terrain and to your second out and back. From there the course takes you along a flat section back towards the finish line. There is a few more creek crossings and stairs to conquer before the finish. Download a GPX file of the course here
21km Course: The Real Deal- So you have completed the 12km course previously and just can’t get enough of it? In the 21km run you get to do it all twice. Well expect for the out-and-backs. Good trail run fitness required.
The 21km also starts at the day-use area, across the creek, along the flat and straight up the hill. Don’t forget the out and back once you think you have made it to the top. Enjoy the downhill while it lasts before following the undulating terrain and to your second out and back. From there the course takes you along a flat section back towards the finish line. There is a few more creek crossings and stairs to conquer before heading out for your second lap. On the second lap you can skip the out and backs and just do the fun bits. Download a GPX file of the course here
Rules & Regulations: In order for the event to run as smoothly as possible we need all participants to cooperate and stick to our rules and regulations, please read through the points below:
- No rego, No run! – We do not offer registration on the day and most our events sell out in advance. Please check with us before coming to the event unregistered. We are able to offer very low entry fees as we use a manual timing system for our events, it becomes very confusing for the timing staff if there are unregistered runners crossing the finish line and it can cause faults in the timing system.
- Visible BIB number – Please make sure your bib number is clearly visible (front of shirt) when crossing the finish line, this helps the electronic timing to pick up the timing chip without faults
- No shortcuts – please stick to the marked track, for safety and fairness reasons. All courses are clearly marked and we have marshals out on the course
- Fitness level – please choose the right distance according to your fitness level! Many of our courses are a bit more technical and running on trail will take you approximately twice as long as running the same distance on road. Our trail run events are not designed to be walked, especially not the longer distances. If you have any questions in regards to choosing the right distance according to your ability, please feel free to contact us.
- Dress Code – please wear appropriate clothing, including pants, shirts and suitable running shoes
- Please read through our Cancellation and Refund Policy
Additional COVID regulations:
- Do not attend the event if you are unwell and experience any COVID like symptoms (cough, fever, sore throat, fatigue and shortness of breath)
- Do not attend the event if you have recently travelled overseas, to Victoria or any other COVID hotspot
- Do not attend the event if you have been in close contact with anyone diagnosed with COVID
- Do not arrive before your allocated sign in time in order to avoid crowding
- Maintain social distancing of 1.5m whenever you can. Especially when picking up your bib number
- Utilise the sanitisation stations at the entry of event HQ
Thank you to our sponsors: