April 5, 2020 @ 6:00 am - 10:00 am$12 – $54
Elliot’s Revenge is the 2nd race in the Outer Limits Trail Running Series. Shadowed by Mount Elliot the Bowling Green Bay National Park has a great variety of trails, a challenging hill and some fast single trails following Alligator Creek.
Registration opens 1st January 2020 – We have a cap of 500 runners.
Rego closes Friday 3rd April at 8pm or when sold out!
When: Sunday, 5th April 2020
Check-in opens from: 6:00am. You will be required to sign in and be allocated a race number. Pins will be provided or you can bring a race number belt. No registration on the day!
Please arrive at least 30 minutes before the start of your event to sign in and receive your race number. There is always the possibility of an earlier start, so make sure you arrive prior to the scheduled starting time
Distances & Entry fees:
6km – Early Bird $ 32.50 (1st Jan-23rd Feb) | Regular $36 (24th Feb-29th March) | Late Entry $42 (30th March-4th April)
12km – Early Bird $ 38 (1st Jan-23rd Feb) | Regular $42 (24th Feb-29th March) | Late Entry $48 (30th March-4th April)
21km – Early Bird $ 43 (1st Jan-23rd Feb) | Regular $48 (24th Feb-29th March) | Late Entry $54 (30th March-4th April)
Juniors (under 16) General Entry $12 (1st Jan-23rd Feb)| Late Entry $18 (24th Feb- 4th April)
Categories: Male & Female
Juniors (under 16) | 16-29yrs | 30-39yrs | 40-49yrs | 50-59 yrs | 60+ yrs
21km – 7am | 12km – 7:30am | 6km – 7:45am
Presentations: approx. 9:30am
Mandatory Gear: There is mandatory gear for the 12km and 21km run. There will be mandatory gear checks at the sign in
- 2x compression bandages
- a fully charged and waterproofed phone (there is limited service along the course) Please download the free EMERGENCY+ app on your phone prior to the event
- Space blanket
We have marshals on the course, a safety vehicle and first aid.
Water & Nutrition: It is recommended that you take at least 500ml of water per hour that you expect to be running. There are creek crossings with flowing water which you may wish to utilise. There is no provided water on the course. Ensure you take sufficient nutrition with you for the run
Getting there: Bowling Green Bay National Park, Alligator Creek Camp Ground. Approximately 30mins drive south on the Bruce Highway, then turn right towards Bowling Green Bay National Park. It is signposted on the highway.
Parking: Parking inside the campground will be tight so please park in an orderly fashion and ensure vehicles are off the road as sections of the road are part of the course. You may have to park outside the park and walk in.
Facilities: There are toilets located at the start/finish line. The course runs through the Bowling Green Bay National Park including some areas that are not open to the general public, please ensure you do not litter along the course and respect the National Park. The park will also be open for day users so please be mindful and courteous of other users.
The Course: The 3 courses will be clearly marked with pink tape, signage, arrows and caution tape. Each track junction will have a sign with directions on which way to go depending on which distance you are completing. There will also be course marshals at each significant turn. Essentially, the 6km course will do one small loop, including an out and back up a hill. The 12km will complete one larger loop , with the out and back on the hill and another out and back along a flat track. The 21km will complete the same loop as the 12km, come back through the start/finish and complete a second lap without the 2 out and back sections. The course has several creek crossings and your feet will get wet, it is not overgrown and you will not need gaiters. The surface will be uneven including rocks and gravel in some sections.
Refreshments: There will be an array of fruit provided by The Precint Fresh Market as well as water and electrolytes at the finish line. The Feel Good Foodie will be on site selling their delicious food and drinks. Please bring cash.
Merchandise: We will have an Outer Limits merchandise tent on site, selling race nutrition and other running products. (no EFTPOS)
We will also have some of our sponsors and supporters on site, TBC.
Athlete Guide (we are currently working on updating the guide, it will be available here soon)
Rules & Regulations: In order for the event to run as smoothly as possible we need all participants to cooperate and stick to our rules and regulations, please read through the points below:
- No rego, No run! – We do not offer registration on the day and most our events sell out in advance. Please check with us before coming to the event unregistered. We are able to offer very low entry fees as we use a manual timing system for our events, it becomes very confusing for the timing staff if there are unregistered runners crossing the finish line and it can cause faults in the timing system.
- Visible BIB number – Please make sure your bib number is clearly visible (front of shirt) when crossing the finish line, this helps the timing staff to be most efficient
- No shortcuts – please stick to the marked track, for safety and fairness reasons. All courses are clearly marked and we have marshals out on the course
- Fitness level – please choose the right distance according to your fitness level! Many of our courses are a bit more technical and running on trail will take you approximately twice as long as running the same distance on road. Our trail run events are not designed to be walked, especially not the longer distances. If you have any questions in regards to choosing the right distance according to your ability, please feel free to contact us.
- Dress Code – please wear appropriate clothing, including pants, shirts and suitable running shoes
- Please read through our Cancellation and Refund Policy
Thank you to our sponsors: