- This event has passed.
Abseil for Health
June 4 @ 7:00 am - 7:00 pm$40
Abseil for Health – World Record Attempt
Please note that the crew is now busy getting ready for the big day and we will no longer be in the office. This means that we can no longer action any changes to ticket times or names. Any requests received this week and up until 8am today (Thursday, 2nd June) will be actioned once we are back in the office.
Dare to descend and help us raise funds for Brighter Lives Townsville Hospital Foundation as well as break the current World Record.
On Saturday, 4th June 2022 we will send you off the roof at the Queensland Country Bank Stadium. So gather your friends, family and courage and come down to the Queensland Country Bank Stadium.
This is not just another fundraiser, it is also an attempt to break the current world record for the most amount of abseilers off the roof of a stadium. The current record is held in the UK with 1,350 abseilers in 12 hours. If this sounds like something you always wanted to do and do it for a good cause at the same time, book your spot online for only $40 per person for one abseil. Minimum age is 16 years.
We guarantee that 100% of the proceeds go towards the fundraiser.
Please make yourself familiar with the parking maps and participant information for on the day.
What to expect for the Abseil for Health and what to bring with you:
- When you book your spot, you will book for an allocated time slot (7am-7pm). Please arrive 20min prior to your allocated abseiling time slot in order to sign in and get ready for the abseil.
- Parking is located at Dean Street carpark.
- Please use Gate A (see map below) when entering the Stadium. You will have to check in with our volunteers when you arrive.
- Once you are signed in, you will get fitted with your harness, helmet and gloves. Any personal belongings must be left behind at the designated drop area.
- A practice station will be set up to ensure you know what to do once you get to the abseil.
- We will have a photographer on the day taking photos, which will be posted on the Outer Limits Facebook page the following day.
- Please wear appropriate clothing- tights or longer (min. knee length) shorts, t-shirt or long sleeve shirt (no singlet), must wear enclosed shoes. Hair must be tied back and no necklace or long earrings can be worn. You pockets must be empty, no phones, keys or cameras etc can be taken on the abseil.
- Personal belongings can be stored at the Personal Property drop area. Make sure to pick everything up after your abseil.
- After the abseil, you will drop the abseil equipment at the Equipment Drop area and walk back towards Gate A.
- Participants must be 16 years of age.
- Maximum weight limit is 120kg.
The ticket is non refundable, as it is a donation to the fundraiser.
The closest car park is Dean Street car park. Park your car and walk across the road to the Stadium and enter via Gate A.
This fundraiser is hosted by the combined efforts of Queensland Fire and Emergency Services and Outer Limits Adventure Fitness.