- This event has passed.
Abseil Castle Hill- QFES Fundraiser
April 24 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm$75 – $125
Abseil Castle Hill
The Queensland Fire and Emergency Services (QFES) Fundraiser is aimed at raising much needed funds for the Brighter Lives- Townsville Hospital Foundation.
The Townsville Fire Brigade and Outer Limits are putting together a thrilling abseil of Castle Hill, Townsville’s biggest icon. Just like recently seen on the TV show The Amazing Race, in fact the same crew will be on site making your experience one to remember.
Sweeping views over the city and Magnetic Island might take your mind off your shaky legs as you walk over the edge.
If this sounds like something you always wanted to do and do it for a good cause at the same time, book your spot online and choose from 3 donation options, starting from $75 per person for one abseil. Minimum age is 16 years.
We guarantee that 100% of the proceeds go towards the fundraiser.
What to expect on the day and what to bring with you
- When you book your spot, you will book for an allocated time slot. Please arrive 20min prior to your allocated abseiling time slot in order to sign in and get ready for the abseil
- The sign in is located next to Queens Gardens on Paxton Street
- Once you are signed in, a bus will pick you up and drive you to the top of the hill. If you have friends and family accompanying you, they can either drive to the top themselves or they can watch from Queens Gardens.
- We will have a photographer on the day taking photos, which will be posted on the Outer Limits Facebook page the following day
- Please wear appropriate clothing- tights or longer (min. knee length) shorts, t-shirt or long sleeve shirt (no singlet), must wear enclosed shoes. Hair must be tied back and no necklace or long earrings can be worn. You pockets must be empty, no phones, cameras etc can be taken on the abseil
- After the abseil, you will walk down along Cudtheringa walking track to the small carpark across the road from the trail head. The crew will meet you there and collect the abseil equipment. You can then continue back to Queens Gardens
January 1 @ 8:00 am - November 30 @ 5:00 pm
May 14 @ 5:00 pm - May 16 @ 5:00 pm
May 22 @ 2:00 pm - 6:00 pm
June 20 @ 6:00 am - 11:00 am
June 28 @ 9:00 am - June 30 @ 1:00 pm