The Two Bays
May 26 @ 2:00 pm - 6:00 pm
Outer Limits hosts the Two Bays Trail Run on Magnetic Island. The spectacular run takes you
from one side of Magnetic Island to the other and finishes at the picture perfect Horseshoe Bay. There will be a 10km and a 20km course.
To check your times from 2016, follow the link below:
Getting there: There are 3 ferries with timings that suit to get you to the start line on time (11.30am,12:55pm, 2:15pm). Please try and take an earlier ferry – If everyone takes the 2:15 you wont all fit! SEALINK Ferries are offering all competitors a 20% discount on your ferry ticket, so ensure you print your race ticket or have a copy on your phone to display to the ferry ticket office. A big shout out to SeaLink Queensland for scheduling an extra ferry for race day at 12:55pm. Make sure you take those early ferries to have plenty of time on the Island to get yourself set up and signed in.
Where: The run commences from Nelly Bay on Magnetic Island. On leaving the Ferry Terminal turn LEFT towards Picnic Bay. The start line is 100 metres along the road on your left in the park. It will be clearly marked.
When: Saturday May 26th, 2018
Rego Open from: 2pm. You will be required to sign in and be allocated a race number.
Merchandise:. There will also be merchandise and race nutrition for sale.
Categories: Male & Female
Juniors (under 16) (16-29yrs) (30-39yrs) (40-49yrs) (50+ yrs)
Briefing for both courses – 3:05pm – Nelly Bay
Start 20km – 3:15pm
Start 10km – 3:25pm
Presentations – 5:45pm
Gear Drop: A presonal bag per competitor will be transported to the finish line for you. It must be clearly marked and placed in the allocated gear drop area near the registration desk. For the 20km course runners a gear drop will be at the 7km/12km point (Radical Bay turnoff), please ensure you clearly mark any gear you would like to have available at this point.
Mandatory Gear: There is no mandatory gear for the run. We have marshals on the course, a vehicle and first aid available. Some gear you may wish to take includes compression bandages, a phone (there is limited service along the course), energy gels/bars, hydration.
–> IMPORTANT –> All 20km competitors need to bring a headtorch, as it will be getting dark towards the end of the run!!
Water: It is reccommended that you take at least 500ml of water per hour that you expect to be running. There are creek crossings with flowing water which you may wish to utilise. There is no provided water on the course.
Facilities: There are toilets located at the start/finish line. The course is run through the Magnetic Island National Park, please ensure you do not litter along the course and respect the National Park. The park will also be open for day users so please be mindful and courteous of other users.
The 10km and 20km course will be clearly marked with pink tape, signage, arrows and caution tape. Each track junction will have a sign with directions on which way to go depending on which distance you are completing. There will also be course marshals at each significant turn. Essentially, both courses will commence running up Mandalay Ave and follow the Mandalay walking track to Arcadia Bay. The trail is technical single track winding it’s way up over the Island with stunning views to Horseshoe Bay. From Arcadia Bay the run continues up the road and onto the Telstra track to the top junction of the Forts/Radical Bay junction. At this point the 10km course turns left and continues down the trail and into Horseshoe Bay. The 20km course goes out and back to the Forts and then follows the road into Radical Bay. The course then continues on the last climb over the ridge on another technical trail and finishes with a run along Horseshoe Bay Beach. The finish line for both courses is in the park at the front of the Marlin Bar in Horseshoe Bay.
Finish Line refreshments: There will be an array of fruit, water and electrolyte at the finish line for competitors.
Dinner: The Marlin Bar is offering discounted meals for all runners from 6pm. There will be live music and it will be a great atmosphere so we encourage you all to stick around and take advantage of the great location.
Getting Home: There are 3 return ferries that will be suitable, 6pm, 7:15pm and 9pm. You will have to catch the sun bus from Horseshoe Bay to meet the Ferry at the terminal in Nelly Bay. There will be extra buses for the 7.45 and 9.30pm ferry.
Safety: The trails include sections of challenging and technical single track, be sure to exercise caution on these sections. If you DO NOT FINISH the race you must see a race volunteer or contact race HQ.
Volunteers: We need a handful of course marshals and time keepers for the event. All volunteers receive FREE ferry tickets and FREE meal at Marlin Bar. Please contact us if you or any of your family are interested.
Rules & Regulations: In order for the event to run as smoothly as possible we need all participants to cooperate and stick to our rules and regulations, please read through the points below:
- No rego, No run! – We do not offer registration on the day and most our events sell out in advance. Please check with us before coming to the event unregistered. We are able to offer very low entry fees as we use a manual timing system for our events, it becomes very confusing for the timing staff if there are unregistered runners crossing the finish line and it can cause faults in the timing system.
- Visible BIB number – Please make sure your bib number is clearly visible (front of shirt) when crossing the finish line, this helps the timing staff to be most efficient
- No shortcuts – please stick to the marked track, for safety and fairness reasons. All courses are clearly marked and we have marshals out on the course
- Fitness level – please choose the right distance according to your fitness level! Many of our courses are a bit more technical and running on trail will take you approximately twice as long as running the same distance on road. Our trail run events are not designed to be walked, especially not the longer distances. If you have any questions in regards to choosing the right distance according to your ability, please feel free to contact us.
- Dress Code – please wear appropriate clothing, including pants, shirts and suitable running shoes