- This event has passed.
Ross River Rush
June 17 @ 6:00 am - 10:00 am
The Ross River Rush Trail Run is held at the Ross Dam in Townsville. This loction has a great network of mountain bike trails and we have access to them for a chance to run the trails, usually never open to the public for running!
There is a distance to suit everyone and the sweet flowing trails with views of Ross Dam will make for a great trail running experience.
We have $2000 worth of great prizes for our top 3 winners for each distance and first place in each age group. This includes some new trail running shoes from Salomon!
Getting There: The Ross Dam is 30 minutes from the Townsville CBD.
Parking: There is parking available at the Ross Dam Park. Please park in an orderly fashion.
Start Location: All distances will start and finish at Race HQ – Ross Dam Park
When: Sunday 17th June, Check-in opens 6:00am
For the 7.5km, kids under 12 must be accompanied by an adult (1 adult can take a few kids). Juniors are also permitted to run the longer distances but must do so on the parents consent.
Categories: Male & Female
Juniors (under 16) | 16-29yrs | 30-39yrs | 40-49yrs | 50-59yrs | 60+yrs
Start times & Fees: Please arrive at least 30 minutes before the start of your event to sign in and receive your race number. There is always the possibility of an earlier start, so make sure you arrive prior to the scheduled starting time
18km ($40 General Entry | $45 Late Entry) -7:00am
13km ($35 General Entry | $40 Late Entry) – 7:15am
7.5km ($30 General Entry | $35 Late Entry) – 7:30am
Late entry fees take effect on June 10th.
Presentation: Approximately 9:30am
There will be amazing prizes for the top 3 male and female of all distances. Cash for the top 3 juniors boys and girls and 1st place in age group categories will also be recognised.
Every runner will be provided with a race number. Please bring a race number belt or use the pins provided.
Water: refill stations will be out on the course but no cups will be supplied. Please use your own bottle or bladder for the run.
Facilities: There are toilets located at Race HQ. The trail network is maintained by the Rockwheelers Mountain Bike Club and we expect everyone to take care of the trails and facilities, ensuring no rubbish is left out on the course in order for us to continue our good relationship with the Council and Parks and Wildlife and Rockwheelers. The trails will be closed to bikes during the event
The Course: This is a great course for people new to trail running or runners stepping up the distance. It’s a fast course with only a few small climbs and plenty of flowing single trail. It has sections along the dirt road, a short climb up some stairs and along the dam wall to the finish.
This is a great time of year for trail running but it can still get pretty hot on the trails. Please ensure you are well hydrated and take sufficient water carrying capacity, electrolytes and nutrition with you.
For those of you not used to running on trails this can be quite a challenge in itself. Please ensure you have appropriate footwear, we recommend the use of trail running shoes.
Running on mountain bike trails can be great fun, they offer nice gradient both up and down and have sweeping corners along with a nice wide trail. The do however have a technical side of the course, thus it will take considerably longer than you would run the same distance on the road, so ensure you take adequate food and water to cover you for the duration you expect. Outer Limits will have nutrition available for purchase at the event, this includes, gels, bars and electrolytes.
Competitor Info will be emailed out to all runners on the Friday night prior to the event, once registration closes. Feel free to have a read through the general info here: ross river rush info 2018
Rules & Regulations: In order for the event to run as smoothly as possible we need all participants to cooperate and stick to our rules and regulations, please read through the points below:
- No rego, No run! – We do not offer registration on the day and most our events sell out in advance. Please check with us before coming to the event unregistered. We are able to offer very low entry fees as we use a manual timing system for our events, it becomes very confusing for the timing staff if there are unregistered runners crossing the finish line and it can cause faults in the timing system.
- Visible BIB number – Please make sure your bib number is clearly visible (front of shirt) when crossing the finish line, this helps the timing staff to be most efficient
- No shortcuts – please stick to the marked track, for safety and fairness reasons. All courses are clearly marked and we have marshals out on the course
- Fitness level – please choose the right distance according to your fitness level! Many of our courses are a bit more technical and running on trail will take you approximately twice as long as running the same distance on road. Our trail run events are not designed to be walked, especially not the longer distances. If you have any questions in regards to choosing the right distance according to your ability, please feel free to contact us.
- Dress Code – please wear appropriate clothing, including pants, shirts and suitable running shoes
- Please read through our Cancellation and Refund Policy
September 1 @ 7:00 am - September 2 @ 12:00 pm
September 2 @ 5:00 am - 10:00 am
September 24 @ 6:30 am - September 28 @ 5:00 pm
October 2 @ 8:00 am - October 5 @ 5:00 pm
October 19 @ 6:00 pm - October 22 @ 2:00 pm